Note for everyone
We are very sorry that you experienced a problem. Sending us a log file will help us to investigate the cause of the freeze or reboot, so thank you in advance for sending it. When you send us your log file, please also let us know the following (unless you're already engaged in an email conversation with email@example.com, in which case we've probably already asked you for this information):
- Which game are you playing? We have several games and it helps when we know which one the log pertains to.
- Did the device reboot on its own, did you have to hold down the Power button for a while to turn the device off, or was even the Power button was unresponsive and you had to pull the battery to turn the device off? Also, what you were doing when the problem occurred? E.g., “I was buying a Crystal on the Peaceful Valley map when the device froze, and I eventually had to pull the battery” or “I was on the loading screen, with the loading bar about 70% full, when the device rebooted on its own”.
- Which model of device are you playing on? (iPhone 4, Acer Iconia a200, Samsung Galaxy S, Kindle Fire, etc.)
- Which version of Operating System is your device running? (iOS 5.0.x, Android 2.2.x, CyanogenModx, MIUI, etc.)
- If playing within a web browser on your device, which web browser? (Safari, Chrome, etc.)
- If this is about the mobile version of Triple Town, which version of the game do you have installed? (Version number can be found at the bottom of the Options menu (the orange gear icon in the corner of the game screen) for v1.2 and higher. If your Options menu doesn't display a version number or you can't access the Options menu, just let us know.)
- If playing on an Android device, was the app installed from the Amazon Appstore directly onto your device, installed from Google Play directly onto your device, or installed another way (sideloaded an APK, copied it over from another device, etc.)?
For people playing on Android (Google Play version only)
- First, please install the free "aLogrec" app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.jtb.alogrec&hl=en . There is a paid version of this app as well, so make sure you're installing the *free* version.
- One special thing about the aLogrec app is that it will continue writing the log file forever (even if you reboot the device or pull the battery) until you tell it to stop. This log file will grow larger and larger and eventually take up lots of space on your device, so it is very important that you tell aLogrec to stop as soon as you've captured the problematic behavior in the log.
- Launch the aLogrec app.
- The aLogrec app will display a message like "Log will be recorded into: /mnt/sdcard/alogrec/alogrec.2013-05-02-00-01-13.log". Write down or take a screenshot of this message verbatim, because later you'll have to visit this location to retrieve the log.
- Click the aLogrec app's Record button.
- Launch the game and do whatever you have to do to trigger the freeze or reboot. Once it occurs, in the case of a freeze, hold the power button or pull the battery if necessary to get the device unstuck. (If your device automatically reboots, the reboot will unstick the device so you don't have to do anything.)
- If you pulled the battery, put the battery back in.
- If the device is off, turn on the device.
- Launch the aLogrec app again. The app will display a message like "Log being recorded into: /mnt/sdcard/alogrec/alogrec.2013-05-02-00-01-13.log". This location should be the same as you wrote down or took a screenshot of earlier. (If you didn't do so, please write it down or take a screenshot of it now. *This is your last chance.*)
- Click the aLogrec app's Stop button.
- As previously mentioned, the aLogrec app will continue writing the log file forever (even if you reboot the device or pull the battery) until you tell it to stop. This log file will grow larger and larger and eventually take up lots of space on your device, so it is very important that you tell aLogrec to stop.
- Email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) the file that aLogrec created. You should find it at the location you wrote down or took a screenshot of earlier.
- Not all devices and apps let you go all the way up to the "/mnt" or "/mnt/sdcard" folders. If you're on such a device, look for the alogrec folder at the highest level you can get to. Once you find the alogrec folder, the file name within it should be the same as you wrote down or took a screenshot of.
- Once you've emailed us the log file, you can delete the log file.