There are probably a number of possible reasons why this could occur. Please try the things here, then email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are still unable to play.
- The most common cause is that your screen resolution is larger than the game can handle. Please try the following:
- Temporarily lower your screen resolution. A resolution of 1366 x 768 works for me, but you might have to go smaller.
- Launch the game. (Hopefully this will bypass the problem and you'll get into the game. If it does not, the rest of this solution will not work.)
- Follow these directions to switch to Windowed Mode: https://spryfox.zendesk.com/entries/68492004-Switching-between-Windowed-and-Fullscreen-Mode-Steam-version-only-
- Restore your screen resolution to its original setting.
- Done! Your screen is back at its normal resolution, and the game runs fine because windowed mode gives it freedom not to scale up to a resolution it cannot handle.